Are you eligible?
Are you or your loved ones suitable for treatment? Click below to view our criteria and to find out if you can be treated at Practice Plus Group Surgical Centre, Gillingham.
Safe criteria for treatment:
Patients that do not meet the safe criteria for treatment are not suitable for surgery at Practice Plus Group Surgical Centre, Gillingham:
- The patient must be aged 18 years or over
- The patient must not require an overnight stay in hospital
- The patient must not require obstetrics or be on a Cancer pathway
- The patient must not fit American society of anaesthesia categories 4 & 5 and unstable category 3
We cannot accept referrals for patients who have:
- an unstable IDDM
- morbid obesity
- a patient/family history of Malignant Hyperthermia
- obstructive sleep apnoea
- severe/critical Aortic Stenosis
- H/o non-compensated &/or recent episode
- severe COPD
- unstable Angina
- had a recent Myocardial Infarction (<6 months)
- have Cardiomyopathy with ejection fracture <30%
- a severe systemic disease with functional limit e.g. arrhythmias, COPD and/or coronary artery disease- not medically controlled
6 simple steps to get back on track
Step 1: Get in touch with us
Our friendly team is on hand to answer any questions you might have, and explain our self pay solution to you before you start. We’ll make sure you have all the information you need.
Just call us on 0330 058 1732.
Step 2: Get your referral
Before you come to see us, speak to your GP or other healthcare professional (dentist, optometrist or physio, for example) and ask for an open referral letter.
Step 3: Book your appointment
Once you have decided you would like to pay for your treatment, we can arrange your first consultation. Our initial consultation fee is £95.
Step 4: Meet your consultant
Your specialist will discuss treatment options with you and explain any diagnostic tests you might need as part of your individual care package.
Step 5: Book your treatment
You will be given a surgery time with very little wait. Payment is made before you start your treatment.
Step 6: Get your life back on track
We’ll take care of the rest, leaving you to focus on treatment and recovery while our professional medical teams deliver your personalised care.