Please explore the list of FAQs below to see if you find the answers you need. If not, don’t hesitate to get in touch using the form on the right to send us your query.
How do I refer my patients to Practice Plus Group Surgical Centre, Gillingham?
What NHS treatments are available to my patients?
We offer a wide range of surgical treatments, details of which can be found here.
Who are your consultants?
We are proud to offer a fully consultant-delivered service. Please click here to see our consultants by specialty.
Where can I see the Quality Account report?
We publish our quality account on an annual basis. Read our current Quality Account report here.
Who can I contact directly at the Hospital?
You can contact the Operations Manager – Ben Howes, or the Head of Nursing – Paula Vrey if you wish to discuss any part of the referral or treatment process by phoning the centre on 0333 200 1730.
Who can my patients speak to after their treatment?
To help patients recover post-treatment we have a Patient Advice Line. This helpline is designed to ensure that recovery is as speedy and successful as possible.
What are the exclusion criteria?
In order to be referred to us for treatment, the patient must not:
- require an overnight stay in hospital
- be under 18 years of age
- require obstetrics
- fit American society of Anaesthesia categories 4 & 5 and unstable category 3
- be on a Cancer pathway
We cannot accept referrals for patients who have:
- unstable IDDM
- morbid obesity
- a patient/family history of Malignant Hyperthermia
- obstructive sleep apnoea
- severe/critical Aortic Stenosis
- H/o non-compensated &/or recent episode
- severe COPD
- unstable Angina
- had a recent Myocardial Infarction (<6 months)
- have Cardiomyopathy with ejection fracture <30%
- a severe systemic disease with functional limit e.g. arrhythmias, COPD and/or coronary artery disease- not medically controlled